“Do Jewish people celebrate Thanksgiving?”
Monday, November 25, 2019
Thursday, October 03, 2019
Watching the new documentary “Jim Allison: Breakthrough,” which opens Friday, Oct. 4, at the Tivoli Theatre, I considered the possibility that if James Allison had been born 15 or 20 years sooner, my mom might be alive today.
Thursday, August 08, 2019
I’ve said my goodbyes to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
As a lactose-intolerant adult, I have grown accustomed to life without cheese. Having never been a huge fan except for the gooey stuff atop a deep-dish pizza, this is not much of a problem for my taste buds. I will, however, admit to craving — and missing — an occasional Dairy Queen Blizzard…
Wednesday, July 03, 2019
My fascination with America’s manned space program was neither logical nor practical. And the timing was terrible.
Thursday, June 06, 2019
The criminal investigations that special counsel Robert Mueller led for the Department of Justice for the last two years were not about Donald Trump or Donald Jr. or Michael Cohen or George Papadopoulos or Michael Flynn or any of the many other members of the Trump gang that couldn’t shoot s…
Thursday, May 09, 2019
Independence Day commemorates the establishment of Israel as an independent Jewish state. This inspirational declaration was announced on May 14, 1948 by the Jewish leadership, led by future Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion.
Thursday, April 11, 2019
We have been hosting first-night seder on Pesach for more years than I can even recall. Sometimes we have a crowd around our limited-seating dining room table, and other years have been more intimate. However, it never fails that something will always go wrong: red wine spilling on the speci…
- Breaking the Silence turmoil ‘broke my heart’
- Changes in Bolivia are ‘good for the Jews’
- Chabad plans Hanukkah events in three St. Louis area locations
- Lifetime, Hallmark add a bit of Hanukkah in this year's holiday-themed films
- Louis Eli Deutch
- Holocaust Survivors and Descendants Group plans event for Hanukkah; new members welcomed
- Holocaust Museum names new executive director
- Retired St. Louis doctor rolls up wins in breeding bird dogs, competing
- The J seeks book donations for Winter Used Book Sale
- St. Louis’ Christmas tree king? Yeah...he’s Jewish