For Jews who will soon observe the age-old Pesach dietary rules, eliminating leavened bread for eight days often translates to “no carbs.” This creates a challenging dilemma for the avid exerciser, as the human body utilizes carbohydrates as a primary energy source.
Monday, March 22, 2021
Thursday, February 25, 2021
All due respect for the three “Godfather” movie collaborations of writer-director Francis Ford Coppola and novelist-screenwriter Mario Puzo, some monstrous acts are not just business. They are most definitely personal.
As we begin a new year, I wish to reflect on an important but often overlooked word: friendship. In particular, what is the measure of true friendship?
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
While kids of any age look forward to December all year long, anticipating 8 fun-filled nights of gifts, dreidel spinning, latkes and chocolate “gelt” on Hanukkah, Judaism also features another grand and celebratory holiday, replete with costumes, parades, treats and plenty of noise-making f…
Thursday, December 31, 2020
If pressed for an opinion, I would say that I believe 2021 will be a better year for humanity than 2020 has been, based on a layman’s understanding of the current state of medical science, political and economic realities and human nature.
Tuesday, December 08, 2020
Have you ever noticed that, no matter how you spell the holiday known as The Festival of Lights, you need eight letters? I like to think of it as one letter per night, whether you prefer Chanukah or Hanukkah.
Friday, November 20, 2020
Thanksgiving arrives at a perfect time each year, just as the myriad of world religions gear up for their respective winter celebrations. Many consider it the perfect intersection of all great religious traditions; and depending on the topics in which your guests choose to engage, this holid…
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Death’s a funny thing. It can focus your mind, but it also can set your head spinning. It can even do both at the same time, as did to me over the weekend.
- Holocaust Museum receives long-lost bracelet secretly crafted in concentration camp
- Torah Prep purchases building from University City School District
- Everything we know about ‘Shtisel’ Season 4
- 11 things you need to know about ‘Shtisel’ star Michael Aloni
- Pay tribute to Holocaust survivors and victims by participating in Yom HaShoah observance
- While Kansas City JCC shooter appeals death sentence, his victims’ family member appeals for a better world
- ADL leader Karen Aroesty: Turning the page on a career fighting hate
- Lost Tables | Remembering The Magic Pan
- Renovated mikvah deepens mitzvah for local Jewish women
- How these pen pals turned letter writing into a 70 year long friendship