Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away (a.k.a. when I attended Sunday School as a child), I recall grasping the parallel between Hanukkah’s miracle of a vial of oil lasting 8 days and frying latkes in oil. It made sense then just as it does in my adulthood.
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Monday, November 25, 2019
“Do Jewish people celebrate Thanksgiving?”
Thursday, October 03, 2019
Watching the new documentary “Jim Allison: Breakthrough,” which opens Friday, Oct. 4, at the Tivoli Theatre, I considered the possibility that if James Allison had been born 15 or 20 years sooner, my mom might be alive today.
Thursday, August 08, 2019
I’ve said my goodbyes to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
As a lactose-intolerant adult, I have grown accustomed to life without cheese. Having never been a huge fan except for the gooey stuff atop a deep-dish pizza, this is not much of a problem for my taste buds. I will, however, admit to craving — and missing — an occasional Dairy Queen Blizzard…
Wednesday, July 03, 2019
My fascination with America’s manned space program was neither logical nor practical. And the timing was terrible.
Thursday, June 06, 2019
The criminal investigations that special counsel Robert Mueller led for the Department of Justice for the last two years were not about Donald Trump or Donald Jr. or Michael Cohen or George Papadopoulos or Michael Flynn or any of the many other members of the Trump gang that couldn’t shoot s…
Thursday, May 09, 2019
Independence Day commemorates the establishment of Israel as an independent Jewish state. This inspirational declaration was announced on May 14, 1948 by the Jewish leadership, led by future Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion.
- Originally from South Africa, physical therapists built company after meeting in St. Louis
- St. Louis Holocaust Museum announces 2020 schedule for Sunday film series
- Travel grants to Israel offered for teens, young adults
- Covenant’s cafe thrives with 2 kitchens, kosher and non-kosher
- On being present with the divine
- JF&CS changes name, aims to widen impact
- Roslyn Kaskowitz Glaser
- Holocaust Museum receives $750k NEH challenge grant and more Millstone Campus news
- Gabe Fleisher to host political podcast for St. Louis Public Radio
- Joseph B. Silverman