Two years ago, a team of filmmakers, artisans and technical wizards led by multi-Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “The Hobbit” trilogy, “King Kong” and much more) completed work on an astonishing documentary titled “They Shall Not Grow Old.”
Thursday, October 01, 2020
Thursday, September 10, 2020
This year, the celebration of Selichot - the official “kickoff” for the High Holy Days – commences with sundown on Saturday, Sept. 12th. Jewish tradition instructs us to regard this time as a period of soul-searching and reflection, as we prepare for the solemnity of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
Thursday, July 16, 2020
Retirement from the U.S. Army didn’t seem to be in the cards for 45-year-old Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman.
Friday, July 10, 2020
Bob Cohn discusses why he'll never forget Carl Reiner's 1995 St. Louis Jewish Book Festival talk. Reiner died June 29 at age 98.
Thursday, June 18, 2020
On June 8, Hennepin County (Minnesota) District Court Judge Karen Janisch signed a far-reaching order that, among other provisions, flatly prohibits the Minneapolis Police Department from using chokeholds or neck restraints of any kind “for any reason.”
Thursday, May 07, 2020
The earliest military death carved into the 140 polished black stone panels of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., is that of Air Force Tech. Sgt. Richard B. Fitzgibbon Jr. of North Weymouth, Mass. He was killed in Saigon on June 8, 1956, at the age of 35.
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Welcome to the stay-at-home community! In addition to processing the various and often conflicting news reports, cleaning the house again and again, and trying to get outside for exercise, I find myself consuming much more coffee than usual. In an effort to inject a bit more ‘health” into th…
Thursday, April 09, 2020
As a septuagenarian, I have never envisioned in my lifetime what we are experiencing. I could have conceived of a nuclear exchange occurring; it almost happened during the Cuban missile crisis of 1962.
- Southern Illinois temple vandalized multiple times in recent months
- Why volunteer for a COVID-19 vaccine trial? Central Reform rabbi says: To build trust in the process
- An opportunity for the Jewish community to continue the conversation on race, racism and bias
- Jewish Federation plans parenting for racial equity webinar
- Following French teacher’s beheading, Jewish groups urge members to rally against Islamic terrorists
- As Israel prepared for a lockdown due to the coronavirus, a St. Louis native returned to the U.S.
- Newsmakers: October 2020
- New Jewish Theatre postpones performances until fall 2021
- Jewish security officials have a message for election day: Be prepared for violence
- As Borat, Sacha Baron Cohen mocks coronavirus anti-Semitism conspiracy theories on Jimmy Kimmel