If pressed for an opinion, I would say that I believe 2021 will be a better year for humanity than 2020 has been, based on a layman’s understanding of the current state of medical science, political and economic realities and human nature.
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Death’s a funny thing. It can focus your mind, but it also can set your head spinning. It can even do both at the same time, as did to me over the weekend.
Thursday, October 01, 2020
Two years ago, a team of filmmakers, artisans and technical wizards led by multi-Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “The Hobbit” trilogy, “King Kong” and much more) completed work on an astonishing documentary titled “They Shall Not Grow Old.”
Thursday, July 16, 2020
Retirement from the U.S. Army didn’t seem to be in the cards for 45-year-old Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman.
Thursday, June 18, 2020
On June 8, Hennepin County (Minnesota) District Court Judge Karen Janisch signed a far-reaching order that, among other provisions, flatly prohibits the Minneapolis Police Department from using chokeholds or neck restraints of any kind “for any reason.”
Thursday, May 07, 2020
The earliest military death carved into the 140 polished black stone panels of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., is that of Air Force Tech. Sgt. Richard B. Fitzgibbon Jr. of North Weymouth, Mass. He was killed in Saigon on June 8, 1956, at the age of 35.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d write: Mick Mulvaney was right.
Thursday, February 20, 2020
It’s been a rough five months of history.
- A photo of an anti-Semitic shirt went viral after the Capitol siege. Here’s what the people sharing it got wrong and why it matters.
- Pssst, here’s a tip: Jerry Berger’s legacy is complicated
- They broke into the Capitol — not into our Jewish beliefs
- St. Louis synagogues respond to riot at Capitol
- Newsmakers: January 2021
- Cardinals fashionistas unite during 2021 Winter Warmup
- Neo-Nazis, QAnon and Camp Auschwitz: A guide to the hate symbols and signs on display at the Capitol riots
- J Associates put new spin on winter fundraiser
- St. Louis based drummer, Robert Koritz, launches Grateful Dead podcast
- Lessons learned: How adapting to the pandemic will enhance Jewish community services