- ¾ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 large or 2 small Pink Lady or Honey Crisp apples, peeled and finely diced
- 3 peaches, halved, pit removed, and peaches thinly sliced
- 1 c. fresh blackberries, cut in half (if large)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, for sprinkling over fruit
- 1 disc of flaky pastry crust, homemade or purchased (see my recipe: Visit http://bit.ly/Perfect-Pastry-Crust)
- Dusting of flour, for rolling out dough
- 1 egg yolk whisked with 1 tsp. almond milk or cream
- 1 tbsp. turbinado (raw sugar), for sprinkling on galette
Combine almond flour, sugar, flour, salt, butter, egg and both extracts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until just combined; reserve.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Remove refrigerated dough disc and set onto a lightly floured counter. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Lightly drape dough over the rolling pin and carefully center on prepared pan.
Spread reserved frangipane over dough, leaving a 3-inch border free along perimeter of dough. Evenly sprinkle frangipane with diced apple. Decoratively arrange peach slices over apples and sprinkle with halved blackberries.
Evenly sprinkle sugar over fruit and then dot with butter pieces.
Carefully lift edges of unfilled dough toward the center, pleating dough as necessary to retain a circular shape, leaving at least 4 inches of fruit exposed.
Whisk together egg yolk with almond milk or cream, and brush mixture on exposed dough. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over brushed dough and set galette in oven to bake.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until galette is golden brown. Let galette cool on pan for 10 minutes, then carefully slide galette, with parchment paper, onto a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. (Galette can be baked, cooled completely, lightly covered with foil, and refrigerated overnight. Remove from refrigerator one hour before serving.)
Makes 8-10 servings.