- 1 large tomato, stem removed and tomato cut into chunks
- 2 cups cubed fresh, seeded watermelon
- 1 tsp. red wine or champagne vinegar
- ¼ c. almonds
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- ½ of an English cucumber, unpeeled and unseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Additional watermelon cubes for garnish
- Diced avocado, for garnish
Puree the tomato, almonds and watermelon in a blender. Add vinegar and olive oil and pulse. Add onion, cucumber and dill and season with salt and pepper. Puree or pulse.
Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper, as needed. Gazpacho can be made a day in advance. Readjust seasoning before serving.
Pour gazpacho into chilled bowls or martini glasses, and sprinkle with dill, remaining watermelon, and diced avocado. Serve.
Makes 6 servings (recipe can be easily doubled).