WashU Hillel honored 14 graduating student leaders at its 2020 Senior Recognition Ceremony on Sunday, May 31 via Zoom. Over 100 family members and guests from around the country tuned in to hear congratulatory remarks from Washington University Chancellor Andrew Martin, the Hillel staff, and Hillel Board Chair Penny Alper. Each student was recognized individually and received a custom glass mezuzah designed and created by hand with the WashU emblem by local artist David Alper. The event was underwritten by the Fred J. Rosenbaum Memorial Fund.
The Jewish Light's Spotlight page, featuring photos from Jewish community events on the inside back cover of each edition, is made possible through the generous support of the Staenberg Family Foundation.
- Carjacking occurs at Chesterfield JCC on holiday
- Newsmakers: July 2020
- Proceeding with caution: Local Jewish business owners remain positive amidst uncertainty
- Harvey Hieken, businessman known for generosity, dies at 94
- Rachel Faye Klempel
- Rita Mae (Edelstein) Rennard
- Norman I. Roth, 75, was 4th generation Jewish funeral director
- Letters to the Editor: July 1, 2020
- ‘Hamilton’ the film and other streaming notes
- Petition seeks removal of St. Louis statue, city name change
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.